Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Coney Island


When I was 9, me and my family lived in New York City. We had our apartment in Washington Heights which is in Manhattan. Every summer my parents took me and my three siblings to Coney Island. It used to be my mother Yvonne, my dad Michael, my older sister Kimberly 11, my younger brother Michael E. 7, the newest member of our the family Ermis, 2, and myself.

First, we would quickly go food shopping for every thing we were going to need for our exciting trip. When we got back to our building we would go to our neighbors’ house to ask her permission so her kids could tag along with us. They were all around the same age we were, Picky, 12, Kelvin, 9 and Kimberly, 8. We were all good childhood friends.

Next, we use to wake up early in the morning, at about 6:00 a.m. to get ready and start making the sandwiches, rice, chicken, chips and whatever else we were going to take. We also had to put the ice in the coolers so the sodas and waters would be nice and icy cold when we got to Coney Island.

Finally, we would go to the train station and catch about 4 trains to get to our destination. The trains used to always be packed so we had to move quickly so we can have time to catch the correct train. We use to have fun when there wasn’t a lot of people in the train. We use to run from one side of the train to the other very excitedly. When we got there we would first go to the beach and after that we’ll get on the rides. It used to be awesome.

This is a memory that I would never forget. To this day all six of us are still very good friend even though they still live in New York and in down here in ----. As we grew up are friendships developed in a different way. Pickie hooked up with my sister. Kelvin liked me but nothing ever happened because I don’t like people my age. Michael and Kimberly stayed the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment