Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bullying 1


Bullying occurs because some kids that are bullies think that it’s okay to bully somebody smaller than they are, or somebody that is really nice, or somebody that is a really smart person. But bullies only bully people because somebody’s bullying them at home or out of school.

We can prevent bullying by stopping the bullying before it happens, or we could kick bullies out of school, or a principal could talk to them and figure out why the bully wants to hurt other people and their feelings. Bullies could talk to their counselor about something that’s bothering them or they can even talk to a teacher and get some things off their chest or their mind.

I’ve been bullied before so I know how victims feel when somebody is hurting their feelings. When I was in the 6th grade, there was this girl that would trip me and make me fall and everybody would laugh at me. Then she would knock my school books right out of my hands. I would have to pick my school books up and everyone would look at me like I was crazy. Then one day I didn’t feel good. She kept bothering me. I kept asking her very nicely to stop, but she didn’t so I told a teacher. The teacher told her to stop bothering me, too, but she wouldn’t stop so I got really angry and I yelled at her.

I said, “STOP IT! STOP IT NOW!”

But then she hit me.

I paused for a second. Then she said, “Come on! What are you going to do, chicken?”

As soon as she said that, I blacked out. I hit her back but I got suspended for five days. From that day forward, she never bulled me again.

In the end I learned a very valuable lesson and that lesson is two wrongs don’t make a right, which means if I didn’t hit her back then I wouldn’t be in trouble. She would be. Even though she stopped bullying me, I still had to suffer the consequences for hitting her.

I had to sit in I.S.S. every day until my schedule changed because she had all of my classes. So while I was in I.S.S., I finished all of school work. Then eventually she changed schools and I was able to go back into the class rooms and I never saw her again. She changed schools because she was really scared of me. It felt great with her not going to my school any more because I was getting my education. Everybody was happy because I finally stood up for my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment