Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Trouble with Mothers


My mom is a very strong woman that had passed though a lot and even though sometimes she takes her anger out on me I love her, and I understand her. I always try to talk to her to calm her down. Before I didn’t understand why she was fighting and yelling at me all the time but now that I’ve grown up I understand why she was fighting and yelling at me all the time. It’s because she doesn’t want me to go though the things that she went though.

I think we both are the same and that’s why we’re always arguing with each other. When I am mad the first thing that come out my mouth is that she just doesn’t make me be happy, which is not true. I know she’s trying to make me happy and make me a better person but some times I feel that she just has to make me grow by myself and let me learn from my mistakes. I understand her perspective but I would like her to understand my part. Even though we argue a mother is the most beautiful thing you can ever have. I appreciate everything she has done for me. A mother is only one that’s going to be when you alone. I think sometimes without meaning it I pay her back the wrong way but I don’t mean it. I love my mother to death and now that I am growing up I have learned a lot from her. I had learned not to make my same mistakes over again. I learned what a mom can do for her daughters. I learn how to be a strong woman even when you’re alone.

1 comment:

  1. I read "The trouble with moms" and since I know the mother and the daughter very well I can say how true these words are. I am glad to know that the daughter has come to have a better understanding of why moms do the things they do. Hopefully after reading the words here both the mom and the daughter can grow to express themselves in a way that brings these words to life.

    ReplyDelete