Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Night My Brother Went to Prison

If I was in the Freedom Writer’s class I think my story would be about my brother going to prison, because ever since he has been in prison a lot of things have changed. For example, we don’t like to have big parties or celebrate holidays like we use to because my brother is not here with us. We do still celebrate with family, but not how we use to when he was out. But time is going by fast and things will be better because he will be home soon!

It all started in 2003 on Father’s Day. The situation was that he and some other boy always had problems with each other and the boy was threatening my brother. Most of this was over a girl. On Fathers Day my brother didn’t want to come with me, my brother and sister to my aunt’s to go eat dinner. At this time, my mom was coming home after visiting her father (who she was meeting for the first time) in New York. So we were at my aunt’s, and my dad decided to go check on my brother at home. When he got there, he realized that my brother left the house after he was told not to. No one knew were he was, so my dad just stayed home.

My dad got a phone call saying someone got shot in C----------- and everyone was so worried. Later on that night, my brother showed up at my aunt’s house and he was being a little weird. My aunt was telling my brother to go outside and for some reason he didn’t want to. I think my brother went outside because he knew what was coming after him and there were a lot of kids in the house. He didn’t want the police or S.W.A.T. team to break down the door. So after all he had to go outside. When he went outside, the cops and S.W.A.T. team were outside and they took my brother. My mom came home from New York and my brother was gone. She didn’t get to see him and say goodbye. My brother was 16 and I was 9. Now my brother is 23 and I am 15. He got 10 to 15 years for killing someone on accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment