Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween of Childhood



My family is the ones who go above and beyond for me. They guide me to be more mature as I get older. They celebrate me on my birthday. They go out of their way and buy me really nice gifts. The way I show my gratitude by doing my chores, always being respectful to them, and helping them out when ever I could. We spend time together on all of the holidays.

One of the holidays that I can remember from when I was younger was when all of family got together on Halloween. We dressed up and put make up on over our faces that smelled like paint. My family wore bright and dark clothes; specifically I wore a bright green dress. We had a lot of lights on in the house. Then we went to knock on doors for candy. I had an orange bucket that look like pumpkin. That’s where all my candy went. We walked where all the nice neighborhoods are for the candy. I got lollipops and chocolate.

After that we went to the church. The whole family went: my mother, grandparents, brother and sister, and my aunts, uncles and cousins. When we arrived at the church, we had activities and games. In the games I played I won prizes. The game that I can remember form along time ago was Bing Bag. We had to shoot a toy frog in the air. I won a light up toy from the suitcase. I was very excited that I chugged a soda and almost barfed.

When it was time to go home, the church gave everyone one pound of candy. I had so much candy put all together in my pumpkin bucket. I miss spending time with my family. I don’t get to visit them often. They moved up north. But I just have pictures for memories.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! Hope you had a good Halloween!

    ReplyDelete