Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Night My Brother Went to Jail 2


September 30, 2008 was the day my life changed. I lost my other half, my big brother, for something so stupid. It all started like this: my brother had one baby momma and a girlfriend. His baby momma was four months pregnant. His baby momma and his girlfriend had a strong dislike towards each other. They would write each other on MySpace and threaten each other about how they’re going to make each other lives like a living hell.

One night, after his baby momma’s baby shower, he came home to switch cars. He didn’t notice his baby momma was outside on the phone. He pulled up with his girlfriend. His two women started arguing and screaming at each other. The people next door called the cops, but no one knew they did. The women kept going at it, and my brother took his gun out and tried to shoot in the air to scare both of the girls but my brother was too drunk to remember that there weren’t any bullets inside the gun. Everyone got scared and tried to take it from him. Finally, my brother separated the girls and he, his girlfriend, and his home boys, ran to car. Soon as the cops arrived, but my brother and his friends still had not left yet. My brother left even though the cops were there.

The cops started chasing him. They chased him from 10th and S---- all the way to the mall, but they still didn’t get him. The cops came back to my house to ask us questions about my brother and what happened. Nobody wanted to answer the questions but the cops threatened us that they were going to arrest my older brother if we didn’t give up and give the cops my brother [the one who ran from the cops]. My older brother didn’t care what cops were telling us. He wasn’t going to give it up. So, my brother’s baby momma gave the cops the information they wanted because she didn’t want my older brother arrested for something that didn’t even concern him.

The police gathered the information and they sent a warrant out for his arrest because supposedly my brother almost ran a cop over. That’s some b.s. because the cops ran their car into him. They searched for my brother everywhere but they still couldn’t find him. The cops were in my house almost every two weeks looking for him but still they didn’t find him. Sometimes they would come to my house at 6 a.m. just in case he was there. Other times there were cops inside my community. They thought they were slick. But my brother wasn’t living with us. He had his own places.
This went on for couple months. The first time they found him was in New York. He went to visit his girlfriend up there. He was arrested in New York for about two weeks. They sent him to Florida. He had court the next day and he was released the same night on bond. My mother bailed him out. He had court the next month but wouldn’t attend it. So, he ran from the police and went to hiding again. He was really known on the streets. Most people know me as his sister. Yeah, it is pretty cool when they come up to you and say, “You’re so and so’s little sister. Oh my God! You guys look alike.” It happens all the time.

The cops were looking for him again. He had a lot warrants. He was always missing his court dates. That’s what made it worse for him. This went on for two years. On September 30, 2008 my brother was chilling at the movie theater. He fell asleep during the movie. Everyone thought something happened to him because he’s a heavy sleeper. Everyone tried to wake him up but no one could. They called the ambulance and they finally woke him up.

After that happened, my cousin called his phone and he picked up. My cousin asked him if he could bring us something to eat. All he told us that he loved his daughter and to take care of her. My cousin and I didn’t think anything was wrong. An hour passed. We called him and he didn’t answer. That’s when I thought something was wrong.

In few hours, we received a call from the jail. We attended his court and they gave him a year and six months. Throughout those two years they were looking for my brother’s baby momma give birth to his daughter 9/9/07 and his girlfriend became his 2nd baby momma, she gave birth to another daughter on 10/27/08 to his daughter. My brother spent six months in jail which he wasn’t supposed to. After six months, they sent him to prison. He spent couple months in there. He fought couple times. He got caught fighting one time and they raised his release date. They caught him fighting again and they sent him to a prison in Jacksonville and they raised his release date again. Supposedly he gets out April 2, 2010 but now it all depends how he behaves.

The couple months he was locked up was hard getting used to him not being home with us. I hated spending holidays without him. I only get three hours to talk to my brother because he’s in prison, and I gotta go see him if I want to hug him. Because he made a mistake, I’ve got to be here for him because I love him. I hope my brother gets out to see his kids again.

2 comments:

  1. Its kind of tough but keep your head up and be stong.... we love you ulce !
    Darline and Aleesha !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I just want to tell you to keep being strong. Things are gonna get better in time. Their will be a day that you will get to spend holidays in again with him as a family && he will get to his kids. ONE thing you have to remember is that nothing is easy in this world you will always have to face strugles, so don't ever give up on what you bealive.

    ReplyDelete