Thursday, September 17, 2009

If I were a Freedom Writer...


If I was in the Freedom Writer’s class I would write and add my experience about running away to their book.

I ran away from March 2008 to almost July 2008. To be honest, I didn’t have a reason to leave. I was fourteen years old. I didn’t know what to do. The day I ran away, I got in trouble at school, so when I went home I was like on MAJOR Lockdown. I felt like I wasn’t going to be able to do anything and that’s when I left. I didn’t know where I was going or what was coming my way. I went to my friend’s house when I left. I was there for two days.

After, I went with the boy I was going out with. I was with him for like a month and a half. That was the worst part of it. I really regret going with him. He used to beat me and basically just take advantage of me. My life was hell. Arguing everyday and getting punches thrown at me when ever he had a bad day made me leave his house.

For the rest of the time, I went with my other friend. I was getting addicted to worthless stuff, so one day I got tired of that life and realized that wasn’t taking me anywhere in life. That’s when I decided to go home, two days before my birthday.

My mom's reaction wasn’t the best but what else could I ask for when she let me back in the house? I knew that deep inside she was happy. There are a lot of things that I lost and gained. Running away was a life changing event. That’s something I'll never forget.

2 comments:

  1. my worse mistakes and baddest stuff always made me learn the most. no-one could tell me nothing. i always do it my way. sometimes now i think "i wish i could learn things easy, like other girls. it wish i could listen and learn from them." it would be good to learn without so much hurt and pain as i have. maybe i have enough knowing now. maybe i can stop and listen and learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your great learning experience. It amazes me your honesty and courage to publish such personal details, as well as your ability to let your past behind and invest in a better future.

    ReplyDelete