Thursday, November 5, 2009

Autobiography of A


On April 28, 1993, my mother gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named A----. I was born on a Wednesday at 5:45 am, weighing 4 lbs and 6 oz. When I was a baby, my aunties and grandmother gave me a nickname. They called me ‘’rosy’’ because they say my lips were as red as rose.

Growing up you can say I was spoiled because I always used to get my way and I had lot of toys. But now it just seems like all that has changed. Like for instance, my family didn’t call me ‘’rosy’’ anymore because I was getting older. I have two brothers named Ja----- and J---. I’m the second born. My brother Ja--- is the oldest and J--- is the baby. I always hated being the only girl, and I always wanted a sister. I think if I had a sister, I would have had a close person to talk to besides talking to my counselor and I would have had good role model. I might have handled the things that happened to me much better if I’d had a sister to talk to.

I first started to change once I had hit puberty at the age of ten. At that time I knew what it was, but I kind of wasn’t ready, because ten years old is still kind of a ‘’baby.’’ I was confused because I was young and embarrassed because none of my friends had hit puberty yet. I didn’t know my real father. I mean I saw him like two or three times in my life, and that was it. My step-dad was the only father I had ever known. My step-dad is my little brother’s dad but all of that would change. On April 5, 2007 a couple weeks before my 14th birthday, my step-dad died because he had a massive stroke. I felt lost and confused, because I loved him so much. He was there for me when I was only 7 months old, and now that I lost him I don’t know who could replace him as my father.

After he died, me and my mother and brother went through a lot of stuff. I stopped going to school, but I ended up just not going. Because I just felt like not doing anything after he passed.

I started going back to school on March 8, 2009. I went to this school named -----. I ended up going there because my caseworker suggested it to my mother. Plus, I just wanted to get my life back together, and get back on track to get in my right grade. I’ve been at --- for now 7 ½ months, and I can say I’m doing really well right now. Even though I still am in grief for the loss of my step-dad, I know he’s in spirit with me and is going to help me make it in the world and become a psychologist like I really want to be. Also, I just want to make my mother happy, because I know she also wants to see me succeed in life and get the education that I need.

1 comment:

  1. i really like that this person is trying so hard to finnish school even tho her step dad passed

    ReplyDelete