Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I believe in being Peruvian and proud!

I believe that being Spanish or having something to do with South America is very unique and strong.

I am Peruvian!

In the beginning, people use to ask me what my nationality was and I would say I’m Peruvian. They would give me this “what is that?” face. I got so tired and embarassed of it that I would say I’m Dominican when I’m not Dominican at all.

Peruvians are very smart and educated and it is just a beautiful race. As I grew up, I realized that some other people would say they’re nationality was something very unusual and they used to say it very proudly. I thought “Why am I saying I’m Dominican!”

Being Peruvian is the best! I went on vacation to Peru after not visiting for like 6 years. I finally went and I even fell in love with the floor that has weird cracks and cool colors. When I say everything: the rocks the trees, the air, and most of all the food!

Ever since then I couldn’t say I’m Peruvian any prouder. My nationality is very important to me. Especially now that I’m not embarrassed to say it because most people don’t know what it is or where it is.

Peru has a beautiful story about the Incas and what they built. I love Peru because Peru literly has everything you can ever imagine, from beautiful Florida-like beach’s to jungle-like Africa, to great mountains that will take your breath away in the winter, and if you like being in the heat go to the deserts! Peru is like a Utopia! Like dead dogs!

So calling myself Dominican when I’m Peruvian was stupid. I know that faking a part of yourself is not good and I am ashamed. I have grown up and I gone through a lot more difficult things, but this situation has to be the one I’m most ashamed of. Now I know I’m more mature. I’m proud to be Peruvian more than ever, and I will never go through this situation again!

I believe in being Peruvian and proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment