Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Trip to Honduras Part 1

My mom and dad always told me how me and my siblings went to Honduras when we were little but I don’t remember anything. I do remember when I went when I was 14. I was so excited when the pilot announced that we have arrived to San Pedro Sula, Honduras. My ears felt like they had plugs in them but I was still excited.

When we went outside the airport to wait for my mom’s friend to pick us up, I saw kids begging for money and food. It was very weird to me because in the United States, I don’t believe they let people do that. Another thing I never saw in the United States was in the police at the airport with really big guns. I was really scared they were going to shoot me, so I ran to my mom her friend arrived and I just jumped in the car because I was ready to go. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing while we were driving. I saw cows blocking the road. I was so amazed I was screaming. My mom told me, “Frances, calm down”. When we passed the cows I saw anorexic dogs. I was so sad that they let dogs starve like that. Everything was very cheap. I couldn’t believe it. Everything was different: the houses, food, clothes and school. That was the beginning of my experience in Honduras.

1 comment: