Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Mom - My Best Friend


There are people in your life that come and go, but there are also people who have been with you your whole life and have gone above and beyond the call of duty just to show you they care. I know that they’ll always be there and for me, the one person that I can truly say deserves that respect from me is my mother.

She’s always been my mother and my father through out my whole life. When I was a kid she worked two jobs to support me and my two brothers, because my father was a cruel man. He would work but he was greedy. My mom was the one to provide me and my brothers with everything.

When I was seven years old, my oldest brother left us because he couldn’t stand his step-father, my father. When I was eleven years old and my younger brother was ten, my parents divorced. It was me, my mom, and my little brother. She has always put us before everything, even herself.

My mother was there for me when I had to go through the hardest thing I’ve ever have to do in my life; putting my father in jail for what he did to me and two of my half sisters. She gave me the strength and courage that I needed. She’s always been there no matter what.

My mother has helped me live through a trauma in my life that will never leave my memories. She’s always there for me when I’m scared; she makes me feel safe. She’s always there for me when I’m sad or depressed; she makes me happy.

She has never judged me or treated me different cause of what’s happened to me in the past. She listens to me when I need a friend, protects me when I’m scared, and helps me up when I am down. She’s seen and been through a lot in her lifetime.

She’s the strongest woman I know mind, body, and soul. No matter what happens to me the one person I can trust and count on is my loving mother; my best friend. I am thankful and proud to be her daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment