Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Believe in the Power of No Regrets

I believe in the power of no regrets.

Yes, there are a lot of regrets I have, but in a way I don’t regret them because it makes me who I am today.

In some ways I regret pushing my brother, and the long story that goes with that. Also, I regret going to Military School, Boarding school, Juvenile assessment program, being baker acted, and Leaving High School every semester.

In other ways, I don’t regret going to all those places because I’ve taken a little bit more experiences with me. Like, I have met so many police officers, counselors, other kids, and teachers in the places I’ve been. And they all have taught me something different. Like, they taught me that nothings what it seems, don’t regret, move on and live like there’s no tomorrow, most importantly they taught me to forgive and forget.

My experiences all make me who I am. I only regret these experiences when I tell someone where I’ve been. They think of me as a trouble maker, or a psycho. But, they don’t know the story behind why I was sent these places.

Yeah, I’ve said hurtful things, and done hurtful things to people. If I get in a fight with a girl her mom automatically says-“It’s because she went to____.” Or police officers think I shouldn’t ever get in trouble because I’ve been to military school.

One time, a cop said to me that they might as well shut down the whole Military school because apparently it’s not working. Wow! Slap me in the face! But, he didn’t even know why that program didn’t work for me.

Yeah when people say things like that, it makes me regret going. But, I don’t! The way I see it, I went to those places to help me with my problems, not to impress you, or make you happy. I did it for me! So, you may try to make me regret it. But, I’m not going to. I stopped regretting, and accepted where I’ve been, and what I’ve done. Because it makes me, me!

1 comment:

  1. i belive everything happens for a reason people learn from reqerts and eventualy trust nobody but there selfs.i like your story because is you and u been threw thick and thin you overcomed it till this day.

    ReplyDelete